Service Support Manager – Full Time
About Changing Health – digital behaviour change at scale.
We’re changing lives and we want you to join us on that journey.
Digital behaviour change programmes form Changing Health, we provide these services internationally. Changing Health is for example a provider of digitally enabled programmes for weight management, type 2 diabetes prevention and for people living with type 2 diabetes.
Our customer base includes NHS England, Menzis & VirginCare
We are well backed by super supportive funders and we are very ambitious about our future and that’s where you come in…
Just some of the exec team…
Whether you’re an intern or a team lead you will get to work on some terrific challenges and with a highly motivated and skilled team. We want you to bring to the mission your unique experience and drive!
Dr Mike Trenell / CEO – With a super strong background in lifestyle medicine. Mike is a clinical scientist and Director of the UK National Institute for Health Research Innovation Observatory.
Nick Imrie – Chief of Staff – 3 technology exits (CEO / co-founder roles) and enterprise roles as CMO, VP Commercial and Products Director.
F/T Permanent Employee / 9:30am – 5:30pm – 37.5 Hours Per Week
£35K Per Year + Benefits
Changing Health believes its employees are its greatest asset and recognises its responsibility to ensure they are afforded appropriate development throughout their employment. This development begins at the Induction stage when a new employee is appointed. Our aim is to support and develop employees in their role so that they feel confident to undertake the responsibilities placed upon them and ultimately are able to contribute to the success of the organisation.
Why you will love working at Changing Health.
We are a high performing team of around 35+ people (and growing fast) based in Newcastle, remotely and London (soon). We celebrate our diverse group of talented employees and we pride ourselves on our transparent, collaborative, friendly and respectful culture. We value learning and will help you with your personal development in every way we can. The team regularly exchange books, podcasts, recommended readings and we encourage & support further education. Our mission is to help you succeed and flourish within the company and your career.
The Service Support Manager role is primarily tasked with ensuring that end users of our digital health programmes receive 1st and 2nd line support with any technical or functional issues they have accessing or using our services.
The role will report directly into the Head of Product.
- Build a support function (people, processes, outputs and goals) to ensure that our systems and processes are both a fit for our stage of company and that they develop in line with our ambitious growth plans and contract rollouts.
- Directly manage any user support team, assisting in hiring and leading training efforts. Ensure that all processes used by the service / support desk are thoroughly documented, consistently audited, and regularly improved.
- Oversee and participate in all aspects of delivering effective support through calls, email, and self-service content.
- Assist in monitoring and reporting on any team KPI’s and inspire your team to behaviours that result in measurable business results.
- Work with functions in the broader org to track metrics and drive towards quantifiable results. Ideally, you’ll conduct ad hoc analyses that help improve your departments operations.
- Continuously optimize existing user support processes, test new ones, and document results.
- Partner with other teams on campaigns and other initiatives to ensure excellent user experience.
- Identify any trends you see in user feedback, support data, and the experiences of the team and communicate those trends to QA or the Product Managers to influence planning.
What your initial 90-day experience will involve:
In month ONE you will?
- Have immersed yourself in our culture, company set up and support goals, coming up with new ideas and forming your thoughts on the business and its current support processes.
- Spend time talking to employees and managers, understanding their roles, and forming ideas as to the support disciplines and oversight that might work for them and the company. Already be the main point of contact for all support activity, but you will only just be working out how to optimise both the strategy and tactics needed.
- Be getting hands-on knowledge and experience of all of our current processes and procedures – you will be building up the business case for streamlining and improving ‘where you see fit’. Have run the department for a month and will have produced your first support function overview report / dashboard (congratulations!)
By month THREE you will?
- Own the success of your team (if supplemented by a freelance user support team) by setting and achieving quarterly goals and you will be loving the daily and weekly improvements you are making – you will have a plan for future optimisations needed.
- Have demonstrated your expertise on Changing Health’s’ support strategy and be knee deep in the tactical execution necessary to ensure that end user support is fit for purpose in line with our likely customer base / live commercial contracts.
- Be planning for early 2021 and how the support function will need to mature to reflect the company’s Series A investment round.
What type of person is a fit for this role?
You are positive, curious, and aren’t afraid to ask a lot of questions. You will have a strong attention to detail and be very organised.
You will be a proven contributor and the sort of person that’s worked in support and service desk functions. You may have led small teams and now are looking for a role where you are given the opportunity to build a team / function from scratch.
As a baseline our end users expect that their issue will be resolved in a reasonable and agreed-upon timeframe; that they will receive courteous and consistent service; that they will be informed, in language that is not technical jargon, about how their issue will be resolved; and that all members of the service / support desk will take ownership of their issue.
You will likely have:
- Proven experience in support / service desk roles. Minimum of 5 years’ experience.
Strong IT and technical skills ideally with direct experience of working in an end user / consumer support environment.
- User of support software such as Zendesk or similar.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Able to manage, guide and lead employees to ensure appropriate support processes are being used.
- A solid understanding of 1st, 2nd and 3rd line support and how-to setup the systems and processes necessary for support functions to deliver business and end user value.
- The ability to build a cohesive team and to manage people effectively. This includes the ability to coach and develop the team plus an ability to balance and plan the short-term actions of the team.
- Knowledge and understanding of all relevant industry standards plus knowledge and understanding of best practices for service management.
- An ability to market and promote the service desk and to advocate for necessary resources, support, and appreciation for the service desk.
- An ability to think critically about systems and to make adjustments consistently as needed.
How the role is measured?
Alongside any team build / management measures such as staff retention or support agent performance we expect the following metrics to be in place as the support function matures.
- Support ticket open v solved
- 1st contact ticket resolution rate
- Response rate (time)
- Backlog & Predicted backlog rate
- User satisfaction ratings